Your home’s air ducts are the pathways for the air you breathe in your home. Logically, it makes sense to keep these ducts as clean as possible, to avoid allowing any contaminants or toxins finding their way to your lungs. Indoor air quality (IAQ) is at an all-time low, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Shockingly, IAQ is even more polluted than the outdoor air we breathe.
When to Have Your Ducts Cleaned
The EPA cites the following scenarios to exist in your home to have your home’s air ducts cleaned:
- Mold on the hard surfaces of your ducts and/or HVAC system, either inside or outside
- Clogged ducts with excessive dust, debris, or particles, especially following a remodeling job
- Rodent or insect duct infestation
Other important factors to consider when making a decision to get your ducts cleaned or not are:
- Someone living in home suffers from allergies, asthma, or chronic illnesses
- Pets living in the home
- Smokers living in the home
- A recent water-contamination scenario
- A recent home-remodel or renovation project
Any one of these factors is a valid reason to have your ducts cleaned. You want the air you breathe to be as pure and clean as possible.
Ben's Heating & Air Conditioning now provides air-duct cleaning and dryer-vent cleaning for homes and businesses in the entire Oregon City, OR area. We use the video-assisted Rotobrush® Air Duct Cleaning System, which is the only method that brushes and vacuums at the point of contact to more effectively clean your ductwork without using harmful chemicals. For our actual process, we:
- Clean the register covers, removing cooking oil films, nicotine film, and other dust-collection substances
- Deep clean the source of the air supply including (where applicable) the blower, squirrel cage, coils, condensation pan, and return air supply
- Clean the air ducts via brush vacuuming with our exclusive, patented technology system
- Remove the contaminants circulating through the air-duct system
- Sanitize your ducts and vents with an environmentally safe sanitizer commonly used in hospitals and nursing homes, leaving a fresh scent behind
Make your appointment today to have your air ducts cleaned. Call 503-233-1779 to speak with any one of our specialists.
HVAC System Installation
“We were having major problems with our both our furnace and our air conditioner. Ben’s gave us a very reasonable estimate, so we went with them.
We were so glad we did, because our system had some very strange aspects, and they analysed the problems thoroughly, and brought in several specialists to make sure they understood the problem. They installed the new system and fixed the duct problem we had. Even after that, they came back when we suspected our ducts were harboring dust. They came back and hand vacuumed each duct, and checked to make sure every thing was working well. They took the job very seriously and did not just stop once the system was in. They followed up and made sure everything was working perfectly. The guys who came and worked were all very pleasant and took their job seriously. I would recommend Ben’s to anyone.”
– Linda B.
Ben's Heating & Air Conditioning services Portland, Oregon City, Gresham, Beaverton, Lake Oswego, Milwaukie, Tigard, Tualatin, West Linn, Woodburn, and the surrounding Oregon communities with their heating and cooling needs. Visit our service area page for more coverage details, call us at 503-233-1779, or request service online today.